Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Come Back Here!

About 3 weeks ago or so we had a little "incident" and our door frame was broken. Everyone is okay, nothing stolen, everything is good except the door frame. We had one of our friends come by and look at it and he said he could fix it for us. He took Mr. M with him to Lowe's or Home Depot to find the piece we needed. He came over on Sunday with his wife, Computer Diva, and went to work.

Before they came over I took M&M to the dog park to run around and get a little tired so she wouldn't be in our way. When I got home Mr. M was working in the garage. So I joined him in there and had M&M on her leash and just let her sit in there with us. When our friends arrived he went to work on the door and Diva sat in the garage with me and M&M. From time to time we would go in the house to watch the door being worked on and M&M was relatively good. Of course the door is wide open but Mr. Diva was basically in the way so no way to really get out.

At the end of the evening when the door was complete there was a small period of time when everyone was in a different place and the door was left wide open. Of course M&M saw her perfect opportunity and took off! BAM! I heard Mr. M yell at me and take off on foot after her. I went and grabbed my car keys and the leash and went down the road. Diva and Mr. Diva told us when we got back that our next door neighbors were outside and started laughing at M&M taking off and Mr. M taking off after her. We finally rounded her up about 3 blocks away. Damn dog!

Plus the last few days we have had so much rain! Not that I'm complaining. Yesterday we get home and M&M had found the smallest section of fence that's not really enforced and... you guessed it... dug a hole! She wasn't as dirty as in this post, but she was still dirty. Sigh! At least this time Mr. M was at home to help wash her. And she knew exactly what was about to happen when we took her up.

Oh! And BIG THANKS to Mr. Diva for fixing our door. I really do appreciate it and glad that I can finally shut it the whole way and lock it! :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: