Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Classroom funny

I was telling this story to my best friend the Queen P and she told me I had to put this on my blog... so here goes.

I work in the Training Department at my company. Now I mostly just write materials and make sure our training databases are up to date. However I do eventually teach classes.

A few years ago I started a New Hire class. We use several systems and one of them holds all of our information on our clients. Although we're in class and working in a training environment I try to get the class used to signing out of this system every time they leave their computer. Because when they get to the floor if they leave it up someone could potentially come in behind you and commit fraud but it would be under their ID. Unfortunately this has happened so I try to get them in the habit as early as I can.

Well to help make New Hire a little more fun the class is split into groups. In the morning we do review of all the materials that have been covered and they earn points for correct answers. At the end of New Hire the group with the most points wins a prize. However there is a small catch, everytime you leave your computer and I go around and check and see you haven't signed off that one system you get points taken away from your group.

It's like day 2 of this 4 week training and I haven't gotten to really know them yet. Don't know all of their personalities yet, certainly haven't memorized their names completly. There's this one girl who on every break/lunch has to explain to me why she got something wrong or said what she said during class. Okay. So they go on break and I walk the classroom as I always do taking down names of those who forgot to log off their system. Of course she's one of them. Now I don't put it on the board who left their system up but I make it obvious to that person so when they get back they know. I do make marks on the board of how many points were removed from that team so the whole team will know...

So there's still time left in their break and this girl comes back in and notices that I took points away from her team because she left her system up. So she has to come tell me why she didn't sign off... Ready? :-)


Her: "I'm sorry I didn't turn off my system when we went to break I really had to go to the restroom".
Me: "That's okay, when Mother Nature calls you have to answer, just remember to log off next time, no big deal"
Her: "No you don't understand I really had to go to the restroom.... See when I sneezed a little earlier my tampon came out"
Me: ...... speachless.... "Um, Okay.... I've never heard of that happening before...."

Okay... now it's day 2 or something. I don't know you! I don't want to know this! I don't think that I would want to hear that from my best friend!!!


Oh... I'm not done yet. :-) So I'm out with my department some time after this class has ended and I'm telling my department about this. After the laughter dies down (except from my Director she's putting her face in her hands) the wise-cracks start. The only one I can remember is one of the guys (we'll call him Mark) says that her name is shooter. Because she sneezes and her tampon will fly out and bounce off everything like a stray bullet. LOL!!

So about a week later we're at our desks and I sneeze. Mark rolls back from his desk and looks and me and asks, "everything okay?" LOL!!!! "yep, thanks!"

Sigh. I stil call her shooter. I couldn't even tell you her real name now. Funny!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Lara said...

oh my gosh, that is the scariest thing i've ever heard. i'm going to be terrified to sneeze now... :-P

Erica said...

That's hilarious! I've never heard anything like that before.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I know... funny and scary all at the same time! :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl