Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Memories - First Car

I figured I'd start a new item of memories.

I was sitting in traffic going to or from work one day and was thinking of my first car. Do you remember yours? Mine was a Vette.... Chevette!

It was this horrible brown color that was just nasty. Picture is not my actual car, but this is what it looked like.
I've heard of people who named their cars, I've never done this but this car did have a name for it. POSFH. I guess it was more of an acronym for the name I gave it:
Piece Of Sh*t From Hell!!!


I HATED this car! Had it my Senior year in High School (maybe Junior too, I might have blocked it). It was so embarrasing to drive around in this thing. When you tried to start the car it would make this horribly loud screeching noise. My friends dad was a mechanic and told me what it was, of course my dad didn't care to have it fixed. So I'd always wait till the least amount of people were around to try and start it. Especially hated it after track practice after school cause you're down there at the field and there's no getting around waiting to start it, unless you're the last to leave.

Then one time I couldn't even open my door. I had to go pick up my sister from her friends house one afternoon because she wasn't feeling well. So I go get her from the house, walk her to the car, but instead of opening the door for her and letting her sit down and get comfortable I had to crawl over her chair to get to mine and then she could get in. Yeah, that's embarrasing at school too.

I also remember that there was absolutely NO get up and go on this thing. So much so that I would pump the gas hoping I would get more umph out of it. I felt like Fred Flinstone could go faster than me. My sister, brother and I would go to my grandma's and there's this one section that has this BIG dip that you go down and then of course back up. I would go as fast as I could down hoping the momentum would help us get back up...

I still have nightmares about this car. That I'm on the highway pumping away at the gas trying to get it to go.

Did I mention that I HATED that car?

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: