Sunday, May 13, 2007

All the rain

Finally on Friday I was able to mow our lawn after weeks of rain. I'm loving the rain and glad we were able to get some fertilizer down before it all started. Our grass is sooo green! About a week and a half ago we were able to get a quick cut of the front yard before it started raining. The back hadn't been mowed in weeks and it was looking like a jungle.

The grass was so high that I kept killing the mower. Every now and then I could catch it before it died, but sometimes I'd hit a patch and it just died. Then it was so tall that I didn't find a few of M&M's bones. I'd hit one and the mower would immediately die. Half the yard I had to mow over a second time because I didn't really get it all the first round. Usually I can do the front and the back on one tank of gas. I didn't even start on the front, went straight to the back and had to re-fill the tank half way through.

The funny part though... M&M was out there while I was mowing and she was running around staying out of my way. When I would throw one of her bones out of the way she thought I was throwing it for her so she would go grab it and run around. Sometimes dropping it back in high grass. But she kept running around so much in the newly cut grass that her feet were turning green!! I tried to get a couple of pictures but you can't really tell. It was rather funny though.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: