Friday, April 27, 2007

People Watching

I love to people watch. I don't like people to watch me though... The best place to watch people is the airport. Of course the best place inside the airport is at the gates, but now adays you can't go to the gates unless you have a ticket. I was picking up my sister on Thursday night (btw she has finally given me her alias, she'll be known as Rogue) at DFW. So I get there early and wait in the baggage claim area and watch people.

There was this one guy who walked by me a couple of times. He was wearing a suit and had an id on his jacket. At first I kind of thought maybe he worked at the airport but as I kept watching him I knew he didn't. I noticed he had HUGE feet. Kind of like he had clown shoes on. And he walked like one.

When I first got there I was standing kind of close to the restrooms to make a few phone calls. I didn't want to be one of those people who sits in the chairs with everyone else and have them listen to my phone conversation. Well as I was standing there I noticed a woman go in. Then a few seconds I see her come out real quick and give a "oops" look and go back in. See the men's and women's are right next to each other and hard at quick glance to realize there are two there. So she had gone into the men's and walked out quickly when she realized it. I bet she was hoping noone noticed. hee hee I noticed and smiled to myself.

I saw this poor woman with her baby in a baby carrying thing (sorry no kids so don't know the formal name) try to come into the baggage claim area from the gate area. She went the wrong way in the turning doors and set the alarm off.

I highly enjoyed seeing all the men in their suits with their bluetooths on looking all important. Of course I'm being sarcastic here... See Pet Peeve - Can You Hear Me Now?

One lady was walking around in her cute little spaghetti strapped top and you could tell she was cold. But we wouldn't want to actually put that jacket on that she was carrying... it wouldn't have looked as cute I'm sure.

I notice a group of friends and family starting to form near the exit doors. I noticed one was caring a sign so assumed they were waiting for a soldier. More and more people came and I kept hoping that I would get to see thier arrival before Rogue came.

Rogue arrived and we stood and both watched the group still waiting on the soldier. I noticed the guy with the big feet was evidently a driver there to pick up someone. He was carrying one of those signs with someone's name on it. I pointed him out to my sister. Rogue's baggage came and we went to the car. Soldier still didn't arrive.

My car was down just a little bit and we were putting her stuff in my trunk when I noticed that huge crowd running down to another airport enterance. I pointed it out to Rogue and mentioned they must have been waiting at the wrong baggage claim area. It was funny and sad at the same time. Poor soldier was probably thinking there was noone there to greet them.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

Erica said...

I LOVE to people watch too. :o)
I am flying in a few weeks. I'm going to get my fair share of people watching at more than 1 airport.
Hope you're having a good weekend!