Monday, July 2, 2007

Stay Away From the Creeks!

We have had rain for almost two months. It's not constant 24 hours a day of rain, but on some days it lasts forever!

News Flash! When it's been raining like it has, and sometimes just a down pour you can't believe, the creeks have more water in them than they are used to. And guess what? That water isn't sitting still, it's flowing so fast that adults are swept away!

I'm not sure how many near deaths we've had so far and how many deaths we have had, but it just amazes me to watch the news as fire crews pulling out people from these creeks. Were you not watching the news the last 2 months when they talk about this? Were you not watching last week when they announced a 13 year old was one of the latest victims?

Parents - tell your kids the danger of these creeks that are swelling of too much water. AND keep an eye on them!!!!!

I don't think I can really blame the kids, maybe the slightly older ones like the 13 and 14 year old kids from today who had to be rescued. These kids should have more sense.

I just don't understand people sometimes.


BTW, I'm 13 posts away from my 100th post! :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Lara said...

i think it's awesome that you have a post label for "idiots." seriously.

congrats on 87 posts! woot!

Jess said...

I feel ya. What is wrong with these people? If they were any sort of decent parents, their kids wouldn't be anywhere near those creeks. When I was that age, my parents had instilled in me a mortal fear of such things. If I couldn't see the bottom, I could not go near.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Lara: Isn't it great? I mean there are so many out there they might as well have their own label. :-)

Jess: AMEN!

~ Wolf Lover Girl