Monday, July 16, 2007

What a bunch of crap!

So at my lovely envelope stuffing job they're expecting high level messages and need everyone's help. Of course when they mean everyone they don't really mean everyone. Interestingly enough out of my department there are about 3 people who are always exempt from this rule. Why? I couldn't tell ya, I've asked my director and she won't say. I can understand maybe one of them but one in particular I can not. Mr. M thought it was due to her long time with the company and I told him that doesn't cut it as there is someone else in our dept. who has been here longer and must help.

So as of last week we started assisting. Luckily we only had to do 2 hours a day instead of a full 8 hours - which is brutal! However when I'm out on the floor I never see any Supervisors out there helping. My director ensures me that everyone is helping. Sure.

So this week we get to "sign up" for the 2 hours each day that we want to work. Sounds great, then I know when to go out and help and I can do my normal job around that. However we were told to ask and make sure they needed us before we actually went out. So I did that this morning and was told I was needed. I start my envelope stuffing and about 15 minutes later my "mentor" comes out and tells me that they don't really need me. So back to my desk and to my normal job.

About 2 hours later we're told to go out and help. I'm out there about 15 minutes when my "mentor" again comes and tells me they don't need us. I tell her I'm not playing this get on get off thing all day. This is bull crap.

We get an email advising that they are expecting to be busy about 10:30 so they'll need everyone to go out at that time. Yeah right! My lunch starts at 11 so I sat at my desk and waited. Plus I sit next to the QA dept and if I don't hear them helping, I'm not helping. So I went to lunch (and am still on lunch that's why I'm posting) and I guess I'll have to check when I'm done if they will still need me or not.

I'm really considering taking a few days off... just to escape this insane "procedure". Evidently they are unable to predict and staff very well to accommodate accordingly. And still we get no incentives or bonuses for what we do.... NICE!!!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: