Saturday, July 7, 2007

4th of July Weekend

Ah, so much has gone on this week...

3rd of July:
I've been with my company for 14 years, about 10 of those in Admin. And in those 10 years we have ALWAYS had the day before the 4th as a half day. So much so we expect it and plan things for that day, which I did. So on the 3rd I go in to work my half day and boss comes around to tell us that Corporate has decided today is a full day, no half day! WHAT? If I had known that I would have taken a vacation day, I have things I need to do. I did think about just leaving but I did stick it out all day.
That evening I met up with my best friend and my sister to watch Addison's Kaboomtown! They are the best fireworks I've ever seen. They are good every year. I did forget to bring my radio to listen to the music that they organize it to. And every year they have old war planes fly by until it gets dark. We sat this year in front of the air strip so we could watch them take off and land. And this year it was their 50 year anniversary for flight shows so they did extra stuff. They had a stunt plane and it was sooooo cool!

4th of July:
This was my last day to sleep in by myself. Mr. M was scheduled to come home around Midnight but managed to get an earlier flight.
I found out today that my company has been purchased by someone else. I'm a little shocked because we are rather a huge company!!! Of course the next days to come will be interesting. Oh and we hadn't even been told that it was happening, just came out. I heard that all the meetings said the same thing the press release said, which was a bunch of nothing. I'm about 50/50 in concerns with loosing my job.
I went over to Computer Diva's house for about an hour to visit before leaving to pick up Mr. M.
After we stopped to get something to eat we went home. By then it was dark and it was obvious that many were doing fireworks in our neighborhood.
I don't think that it's legal and truthfully this year I wasn't that concerned about it. We've had so much rain the past 2 months that I wasn't really worried about a fire. I think that's what everyone else's thoughts were because I've not seen that many people doing fireworks in the neighborhood and with the BIG ones they set off.
When we just got home I looked out the window and noticed a cop talking to our neighbors. I went out and asked what they wanted. Poor guy, his little dashboard was nothing but fireworks complaints and he was trying to catch them. I stood out there for a while and watched the fireworks and here comes the cops again, lights off hoping people wouldn't notice. There was a house a few down from us that were doing some out of their backyard. The cop stopped and got out on top of his car to try and figure out which house it was. I don't know if he caught anyone or not. He was complaining that he thought people or kids were acting as look outs and telling people he was coming... um, yeah.

5th and 6th of July:
Not much going on. Let Mr. M get some well deserved rest after his canoe trip with his friends. We did get out to mow the yard yesterday as the sun was finally out. Grass was still a bit wet and a little long in the back so still made it a little difficult. Finally able to fertilize since April. M&M I think was happy that the high grass was cut down. We let her out for a late night pee and she was making mad dashes around the yard! Funny
I finally tell Mr. M about the company buy out, of course he goes into panic mode!

7th of July:
Yep today! You know, that lukcy 777 day that everyone is talking about? Tonight we're going over to the Computer Diva's house for a late 4th of July celebration. Plus one last horrah before her brother goes to the Navy.

Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th of July!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I thought about the fireworks complaints on the 4th. People were doing like the big in the sky ones that you usually see coming out of cannons at big events. Instead of complaining (since it would be all but impossible to figure out who was doing it) I stayed poised with the waterhoses on just in case. ACK! I'm glad it's over. My neighbors were up till 2:45 a.m. setting off fireworks! (they are legal here)

Sounds like you had a fun week though. Good luck with the job.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I would have been in deep trouble if a fire did actually start. Our hoses are so tangled right now...

~ Wolf Lover Girl