Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Explosion in Dallas

Dallas made the national news!

If you're not from here and didn't see it, here's the article from CNN. I haven't completely read the CNN article because I've been watching it all afternoon on our local news. If there's video you need to check it out because the explosions they show are just incredible.

Basically it was a bunch of little gas tanks that caught fire and went up like bombs, I guess you could say. The place that went up is right at an exchange of two of our busiest highways. These explosions would send debris yards away and into the highways.

Needless to say everything around there was evacuated and all of the highways in that area were completely closed. I believe it started around 10 this morning and as of this afternoon all the highways were still closed. I'm SO glad I do not have to drive anywhere around that. What horrible gridlock.

Luckily only 3 people were injured - no deaths. However I do find it funny that one of the first things I heard when the news broke - "is it terrorists?" Is this how we live now? Anytime anything bad happens we automatically assume it's a terrorists attack? I understand we should always be on the look out for something fishy and stuff, but my dog escaping from my fence is also not a terrorists attack (that's just an escape artist at work! hee hee)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Jess said...

OMG! I'm so out of touch this week. I will need to turn on the news stations and see what they're saying!

And yes...it's unfortunate that everything that happens anymore is automatically suspected to be terrorists. Hey news people? There's a lot of stupid people in the world. I've got a feeling they're behind more of it than terrorists are....

Art Performance Picks said...

All I could think of when I was watching the footage was: "Man Hank Hill must be in tears."