Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Toll "Booth" Charge

Okay, so I got a "bill" the other day in the mail from the Texas Tollway, I freaked. I'm trying to think to myself "where did I miss a toll booth?" I don't have one of those lovely toll tags as I don't use the toll road that often. I'm trying to think when I used one to have even received the bill.

I know that the new stretch of 121 is toll but I've never seen a toll booth anywhere so figured it started further down the road somewhere. I realized what they're doing on 121 is they have cameras up over the highway and snap your picture as you go under and then send you a bill.

Like I said I don't use toll roads that often. I went through this toll twice and received a bill for $1.20! How crazy is that? And there is no way to pay this bill online, so that means I have to write a freaking check for $1.20 and use a stamp to send it FCM. How ridiculous. PLUS it was when I was getting Mr. M. from the airport during one of his business trips, which means I COULD have been reimbursed. But of course that expense report was already turned in.

So I wrote them a nice letter letter (not as rude as the one Target got, but I just wanted to let them know how ridiculous it was).

To Whom it May Concern,

I just wanted to write and let you know how displeased I am of the bill I recently received. Not that I don't mind paying a toll, its just that I don't like the way it's done.

When I received the bill I thought 2 things. 1st - that I had missed a toll booth somewhere. 2nd - that someone was using my old car, again, and I was getting the bill, again.

My "bill" was only $1.20! I'd rather have paid that in a booth than having to write a check, send it via FCM and use a stamp to send it. I think it would highly recommend a way to pay online.

Additionally, these two trips that I was charged for were in conjunction with my husband's business trip. If I had gone through a booth I could have asked for a receipt to get a refund from his job. Granted it was only $1.20, but it's the concept that matters.

thanks,
WolfLover Girl

No comments: