Friday, February 2, 2007

Snow in Dallas/Ft Worth!

Yep, you heard me right, we actually got snow! Thursday afternoon it started out nice and small and then it actually came down big and pretty! I just had to go home and play outside with my dog! And she was loving it. We ran and ran and ran.... And then she wanted to play with one of her many bones she has. Of course I couldn't pass up a picture opportunity with her in the snow. I hope you enjoy.

She finally got tired of being out there by herself so she was looking at me like, "okay mom can I come in?". She was so hyper when she came in and sliding all over the kitchen floor before I could get to her to dry her off.

Then when I woke up on Friday and went to let her out it had evidently snowed during the night because there was a nice blanket of snow. I was loving it. I got dressed and started out for work. I got a few miles before I decided I was turning around and going back home. I know any of you Northerners who might be reading this are thinking, "p*ssy". Well you see people in Dallas do not know how to drive in a bit of ice. Plus there's just not stuff good enough to help with the roads. Plus I was listening on the radio and the highway was shut down in two spots between where I was and where I needed to go.
So back to the house and let the dog back out to play.

This one of her by the fence is looking out at our back neighbors that she likes to go visit when she gets a chance.
BTW - I did finally get to work and even though there was no more ice it took me forever. And all the snow is gone. Boy we have been getting some interesting weather lately. This is the 3rd icy batch that has been through. Although the first 2 were really bad!
~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: