Saturday, January 13, 2007

Animal Beds

This is my first attempt to adding pictures to my blog with text and I’m struggling a little bit. This is my third attempt at writing this post, we’ll see if it’s successful. (I guess third time is a charm!)

We noticed that the spot where M&M sleeps was getting a bit dirty, probably from the oil on her skin and everything. So we decided to get her a doggie bed. Well we found one for $10 at Walgreens, so much better than the $50-$100 you can pay at one of those pet stores. She really seemed to like it.

Then we noticed that CGirl was getting in it. You’d walk by and see this calico cat all curled up in a tight ball just sleeping away. (sorry no picture) and surprisingly M&M didn’t seem to care, at least not while we were at home. She would just walk by and sniff her and then move on. So we decided we had to get the cats a bed too. We went back to Walgreens to get a couple like we did the dog but they were out. But we did find some smaller ones that had sides on them like a box. You can also take out the bottom which Mr. M. said we should just use. I told him that we shouldn’t because you know how a cat is, they love boxes so this is gonna work out just great!

And it did. This is CGirl above. She got in and did that kneading thing that cats do then laid down to clean herself for bed. She’s always in her bed. I finally had to bring hers into the study and put it on a small part of my desk because she always has to be were I am. And it keeps her out of Mr. M’s chair which he really appreciates. She of course is curled up there now, snoring! J

Poo also liked hers. That first night we had it in the living room on the love seat. I came back in a little later and she was all asleep on her back with her legs in the air (picture on bottom). Which of course you just want to put her hand in that belly and rub it, which I did!

Unfortunately that next afternoon M&M got a hold of the bed but she didn’t tear it up too badly. She just tore some of the stuffing out of it which I just put back in and kind of sewed it up. I tried moving the bed to other locations that would be out of the way of the dog but Poo just won’t get back in. Finally I just put it back on the love seat and any time we’re watching tv CGirl is curled up in it. Like I said she LOVES the beds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful wolf dog and love your cats, they are so precious.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Thank you! They are a handful! :-)