Monday, January 29, 2007

Wrong Blinds - Saga Continues

Today is January 29th, I called Target on the 20th to advise they sent the wrong blinds. I was advised on that day that I would receive them in 3-4 business days.... I was wrong... no wait, they were wrong!!

Evidently my blinds are out of stock and the *ss who I talked to on the 20th knew it at that time but he was such a chicken he couldn't tell me. He had to lie and tell me my new stuff would be sent. I've now been advised that I'll get them by MARCH 3RD!!!!! Can you believe it?

So I got this lovely email from Target saying "we noticed you called, was everything met?" So I replied... If you're so interested the following is what they received.

I ordered 2 vertical blinds in 34.5W X 58L". I received 2 bars at 42 7/8 X 58 and 2 blinds at 14 X 56 1/2. I can imagine accidentally shipping the incorrect thing, but to not even have the items that you ship not even match each other is beyond me.

I called on January 20th about 5pm and talked to Harmon and explained that I received the wrong items. First let me just say that he did not seem enthused to assist. He advised that the correct items would be sent and I would receive them in 3-4 business days.

Today is January 29 and I have yet to receive my blinds. I called about 5:30pm and was not able to catch the guys name as his accent was a tad bit thick. He advised that my item is out of stock AND it was out of stock when I originally called on the 20th!!!!! Obviously Harmon really didn’t want to work that day. I’ve been advised that I will now receive my order by MARCH 3RD!

When I asked for some sort of compensation I was advised I could have a 10% discount on my next order, for online only. I don’t like to order online. The only reason I ordered the blinds online is because they’re not available in the store. When I asked if anything additional might be given he said there might be when I actually get the order but he couldn’t guarantee it because in the event my item is no longer carried you’ll have to cancel my order completely and then I’ll be refunded.

So I get to wait two months to see if I will in fact get my originally ordered item and IF I get some sort of compensation for your error. Nice.

We would love to just cancel the order but unfortunately we need these blinds and it's not like they'll give us cash back they'll put it back on the Target gift card we had. So we're stuck like chuck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send an email to the corporate office. Tell them that you are extremely unhappy with the turn of events (including the lack of customer service) and would like to know what the corporate office will do to keep your business.

Rz