Sunday, January 14, 2007

Doggie Training

M&M is scheduled for doggie class!!! I'm so excited! Her first day was today but unfortunately they cancelled due to the pending bad weather. So it's been moved to next Sunday.

I can't wait though. I'd love to take her on more walks but I just can't control her. She's a husky and she likes to run so she wants to take off. And man can she pull on that leash. Plus we purchased this "gentle leader" (pictured on left, picture of course not our dog!) that's supposed to help control your dog while they are walking. I can't even get M&M to sit still to put it on. When she sees the leash she knows she's going for a walk and just wants to go then. Poor girl, I was changing out the collar she had on today and she thought it was the leash and was so hyper.


AND she's starting to shed like hell. Of course I can't get her to sit still for a brushing. She hates it! I brushed her the other day and I had to clean out the brush 3 times there was so much hair. Today I noticed that tuffs of hair by her back leg was coming out. I got the brush to help it out so she wouldn't be dropping hair all over the house. I'm hoping that this is normal because tons of hair just came out leaving a small patch of missing hair. It wasn't bare underneath, there was other hair there so maybe its just old hair and new hair is coming in.

No comments: