Monday, April 16, 2007

One Year Anniversary

It has been one year as of yesterday, April 15th, that Mr. M and I have been married! And well since I didn't have this blog before the wedding I'll share the wonderful wedding details now for your reading enjoyment! :-) I know I probably have all of 3 who visit my blog and all of you were at my wedding... oh well.

Okay, I was a bit undecided about how I wanted the wedding to go. Deep down inside I wanted the "big" wedding at a nice big church with big windows and lots of flowers and a huge reception with lots of food, drinks and great dancing... you know stuff you see in the movies when you're growing up or watch on those celebrity wedding shows because they can actually afford it. Mr. M wanted to do the Vegas thing but I was not enthused about this because I knew that it would be hard for my mom, sister, brother and his family to make it.

So we finally decided on the Vegas thing. After doing research and looking a places to have a wedding and stuff it was decided that it's cheaper to do it in Vegas. Scary huh?

Let me back up just a little before I get into the actual wedding. :-) About a week or so before my friends threw me a shower. Now I "really" don't like those things. I hate going to them because of all the stupid games and such. But of course you "have to have one so you can get all the gifts!" Okay the gifts I like. :-) So we had dinner at la Madeleine (yummy!) Started with some delightful desserts and then some yummy food. And there was one game. But it was actually very cool and fun! The husband of one of the ladies who helped throw the party (he, by the way was Mr. M's Best Man) came up with the game. Since we were going to Vegas it was a card game. He put pre-selected cards into sealed envelopes. Who ever had the best hand won! Simple and fun!

Okay so the wedding weekend. We flew to Vegas very early Friday morning. It was actually very cool because most of our friends and family from the Dallas area were on the same flight! Oh and ladies any of you going to Vegas and taking your dress.... When you call the airline and they say there is a small closet you can put it in… don’t believe them! Now some flights might have one but mine didn’t. When I asked to put my dress in a closet they said they didn’t have one but you can fold it and put it in the overhead. Yep, that’s right ladies… you’ll be folding your dress and putting it in the overhead!

So we get to Vegas, get to our hotel, put our stuff in my best friends room because ours isn’t ready. Everyone splits up and goes their own way. Some taking naps others enjoying the freedom of walking around Vegas. Mr. M and I went immediately to get our marriage license. Good thing we did when we left the line was around the building!

We got back to the strip (we stayed at the Las Vegas Paris – beautiful hotel). We met up with some of our friends to eat at one of those famous all-you-can-eat buffets. To tell you the truth by this time I was exhausted and starting to get nervous so I didn’t enjoy it one bit.

After lunch I went up to the room to lay down for a little while Mr. M went to the bar with a few friends. Family started to arrive (most stayed in the same hotel) and I kept getting phone calls on my cell asking where I was. So went to join everyone at the bar.

As the evening went Mr. M and his guys went to do the “last night” out thing. (Let me tell you I was a bit not happy about this… it is the night before our wedding after all and I know he can get a bit toasted!) My mom and sister went to watch Cirque de Soleil’s O at the Bellagio. My best friend and I walked the strip and visited several hotels and played a little of the games. Finally we were tired and retired for the night. (Mr. M and I slept in separate rooms).

Oh, did I mention this is the first time to Vegas for Mr. M and I? Plus my best friend and my mom.

Okay so wedding day. Oh and if you’re wondering how did we choose April 15th? It was just a free Saturday. We didn’t realize until a few weeks after we chose the date that it was tax day. But I guess it will make it easy for us to remember right?

So my bf and I got up and showered. We ordered some breakfast through room service. One of the cool things about getting married in Vegas is that there are many hair and make-up services that come to you instead of you going to them! Perfect!! So I purchased hair and make-up for me, my bf, sister and mom! It was great! The lady who I used is named Debbie from Bella Salon and she was great. I had been looking at all sorts of pictures trying to decide how I wanted it but just couldn’t find anything. She made a few suggestions and then she just did it.

Mr. M and his guys were down at the bar waiting on the limo to pick them up. We finished getting dressed and went to our limo once theirs left. How fun! But I tell ya, walking through that lobby was a little slippery. I had to hold on to my bf so I wouldn’t bust it!

We wed at the Little Chapel of the West. What a very nice small church. They offered several packages, we went with the basic we didn’t need all the fancy stuff. It included a few professional pictures and a bouquet for me. I was really impressed with it, couldn’t have asked for anything nicer. The only bad thing is that they evidently started 15 minutes early and a few of our family members didn’t make it in. And they shut and lock the doors when it’s time to start.

Of course I started to cry during my vows… I cry at everything so that’s not anything new. Afterwards we went to their gazebo outside and took pictures. One of our great friends offered to do our pictures for us, this was her wedding gift to us and I greatly appreciate it! We hoped back in the limos and went to the Bellagio to do more pictures in their garden. These turned out great!

We then walked across the street to our hotel where we went to one of there bars and had a drink or two (yep in my wedding gown). Then I went up to our room where I changed into a different dress and we hopped the Monorail to the Vegas Hilton. We had our dinner “reception” at Benihana. This is the first time that many people had experienced this type of dinner. It was real fun and very tasty!

Then back to our hotel where most people went there own way but most met back at one of the bars. Mr. M and I did go and change into “normal” clothes before heading to the bar.

I’ll leave out the details of the rest of the night. ;-) Mr. M and I stayed a few extra days for our honeymoon. I can’t wait to go back to enjoy Vegas at a bit slower pace.

I liked my dress! This is in the lobby of the Bellagio.


~ Wolf Lover Girl

5 comments:

Lara said...

just thought i'd pop in to say that i occasionally visit your blog, and i most definitely was NOT at your wedding. ;) sounds like it was a great time, though! congrats on the anniversary. :)

Erica said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
You're wedding recap sounds wonderful.

I can't wait to get married. Occaisionally I'll post about the details of the wedding here.

Jess said...

It was a beautiful wedding, and let me just say that those of us who attended would have never known that you were at all stressed or nervous. You were absolutely enchanting :)

Happy anniversary!

Roz (Rozzana) said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year. Trust me you weren't the only one crying. Do you know how difficult it is to take a photo while trying NOT to cry? I agree with Jess - you didn't look nervous, but Mr.M did look a little stressed.

Happy anniversary!!!

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Thanks ladies! :-) The year has gone by so fast.

And roz... I don't think it was complete stress that Mr. M was feeling. He was out "really" late the night before. ;-)