Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Out for a Week

We've been taking M&M to the dog park a lot lately. Let her get some exercise in and socialize with a few friends. Last night we took her and about 5 minutes after we got there she got into a small scuffle with another dog.


Of course my shy little girl did not start it. I couldn't even tell you what type of dog it was that "attacked" my dog. All I know is it was white and I wanted it off my dog. M&M did stand up for herself and fought back - I'm not sure if she did any damage to the other dog or not.


After the owner grabbed her dog M&M headed straight for the gate to leave the park. She didn't want anything else to do with it that night. I went and grabbed her to look her over make sure she was okay. She seemed okay. I comforted her and let her know that everything was good. The lady of the other dog was grabbing her dog to go and did stop by to make sure she was okay. I knew she felt bad and for the most part you can't really control how dogs react with each other.


M&M did stay in the park for a while and played. One of the guys that I see there often came and asked how she was doing. He said that her dog hadn't been playing nice for a while and that she should not have brought him in the first place... go figure.


As we were getting ready for bed later that night I noticed there was a little blood on her. She has a small puncture wound near her mouth! We got her to the vet this afternoon and they said she looks okay but we need to give her anitbiotics for the rest of the week and flush out the wound to make sure there's nothing in it. (that's the blue stuff you see in the pictures). Vet suggested staying away from the dog park for about a week just to make sure no dirt or anything gets in her wound.


~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh no! Poor girl! Good for her for sticking up for herself, though. You can put a little ointment on it and sometimes that helps...there was one time that Buddy bit Stubby and did some damage, and I put a little Neosporin on it for the pain. It seemed to help.

~Brenda said...

So sorry to hear about M&M!
Hope she heals soon.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

The vet advised to kind of keep it open for now and flush it out with this antibiotic stuff for about a week. After that we can let it close up and then put some neosporin on it.

Thanks for the well wishes!

~ Wolf Lover Girl