Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I think I've finally decided...

I participate every year with a special event that our company participates in and Captain the horseshoes team. Yesterday was our first practice and I really disliked feeling my tummy as I bent down to pick up the shoes.

So I decided to look into Jared's story from Subway. I figure if he can loose a few hundred pounds eating Subway sandwiches I can loose a few pounds doing the same. I did a little research last night on how he did it and some further research on the web. I'm still not done looking at what all I need to do but I've got a starting point.

Since Mr. M no longer works in the same company with me I'm on my own for lunch. Now he's on a special project for a couple of months so basically I won't see him and now I'm on my own for dinner too. I figured I would do as Jared did and have a Subway sandwich for lunch and then grab one on the way home for dinner. The only thing is I get to work early enough to grab a garage parking spot. Parking here is a b*tch and I don't want to leave for lunch and drive all over eternity trying to find one - and in the hot sun.

There is another sub place that actually delivers to our job - Jimmy Johns - and they are soooo yummy! Well I was looking at their website and ran across a really nifty nutritional page that allows you to select the sandwich you like. It automatically displays the ingrediats on the sandwich and displays all the numbers associated with it (calories etc). You can remove the items and the numbers change accordingly. You can also add items and see the numbers change accordingly. How cool! So today I had Jimmy Johns for lunch using this nifty new little tool.

Not sure yet how I'll keep track of everything, as I said I'm still researching what I need to do. Also I figured instead of sitting and watching tv I'll just walk the treadmill and watch my shows!

And again I stress to all of you who think I don't need to loose any weight - I'm not asking for a major transformation - just 15-20 pounds or so.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: