Friday, December 28, 2007

Ring Tones and The Mall

I've been saving up 2 items I wanted to blog (actually 3 but I'll do the 3rd one later) so I figured I'd combine them together.

Since Mr. M and I have been rather broke we didn't celebrate Christmas this year. I didn't even put up Christmas at the house, although I did a little decorating at the office. And since we didn't do Christmas there was no need to go to any of the malls or stores during that crazy period of time. But yesterday we finally went to the mall, why do you ask? I needed to get my supply of 2008 calendars.

I've finally learned that if you wait till after Christmas that they cut the prices to 50% off so I got 3 for about the price of 1 1/2. It was great. I have a Bev Doolittle to put in the study at home. Then I have to have my daily cat calendar for work and then a wall calendar for my office that has those 3D images that you stare at to see. Sorry don't know how to explaine that one very well. Oh well.

My 2nd topic... Ring Tones. So Mr. M and I went out today to a store and I was reading a book on iPods - mainly to see how I can score free music... I'm still looking into that. ;-) And I hear the famous ditty from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" with Clint Eastwood. You know the song I'm talking about... Now I'm in a store that sells music and movies and stuff so I really don't think much about it and then I hear the famous "hello?" and realize it's someone's ring tone. And I kind of chuckle to myself thinking that one is kind of cool. Then not a few minutes later I hear what I believe is a Kelly Clarkson song and turn in that direction and laugh for a different reason. Not because of the song but because it's a guy who has the song on his phone... ok whatever you like.

However hearing at least 2 phones go off in the store does bring me to another little gripe. You're in the store... either turn off the phone or turn it to vibrate. When I go anywhere I turn it to vibrate, no one wants to hear my phone ring. If I believe that someone might actually want to get a hold of me then I'll put my phone in my pocket so I'll actually notice the vibration. Otherwise, I have voicemail and I know how to call you back.

OH... which just now brought me to another gripe (sorry this one was not planned when I first started this post!). I do love that movie theaters now post the 50 million requests for you to turn off your cell phone while you watch the movie. But I guess people think that texting is okay. Well you know what? That bright light that has now blinded me is not! We went to a movie recently and there were a few empty seats next to me. A couple came and asked if they could sit there and we said sure. Then Ms. Thang texts right in the middle of the movie. I make the obvious noises of disgust while looking at them. Finally they got the hint cause Mr. boyfriend was kind of trying to get her to stop. Now she did actually have it on vibrate because I could actually hear it every time she got a new message it. So she gets another message and she whispers to her boyfriend, "do I even dare?" he evidently told her no because she finally stopped.

Okay now I'll get down off my soap box. :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. I think the after holiday sales are the best time to buy stuff but then not buying stuff is a better way to save money. LOL

Jess said...

Yeah, I'm guilty of having my phone ring when I'm in a store...Ernie got upset because he'd call me (usually to remind me to do something, because most days I can't remember my own name) and I'd never answer, so now I make sure I do.

But a person who would pay $2.99 for a Kelly Clarkson ring tone? Interesting dude, that one.

Knatolee said...

I have given up going to movies... I can't deal with all the audience rudeness! We just wait for them to come out on DVD. Sigh...