Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pet Peeve - School Zones

Not that we have them, but that idiots don't know how to abide by them....

This has been irritating me more and more that past few weeks. I know that many people speed but can't you just slow down for these few little feet? Whatever you're in such a big hurry to get to will survive you watching out for kids. Once you get past the school zone you can speed all you want and if you hurt or kill yourself in the process that's fine but at least the kids have a chance to grow up and make their own mistakes or make it big!

There are 2 zones that I have to go through to and from work every day and I've been making mental notes of what I've noticed.

1. Most people tend to speed through these zones more in the afternoon than in the morning.
2. Most of the people who are speeding are on their cell phone.

I'm sure it doesn't help that there is a traffic light right in the middle of these zones. I think after sitting at a red light some of these people forget they're sitting in a school zone and just take off. Then some of them have that lightbulb go off and they slow down again... some just keep going.

Now it's funny that I've been thinking about this the past few weeks because I was watching on the news last night and they mentioned that one of the local cities has passed a law against cell phone use while in a school zone and it's on (so weekends speed away). And another local city is working to get their law passed.

So people... please slow down... whatever it is it will still be there...

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

"Z" said...

Sounds like something that should be on my blog. DMV's Best, Gotta love 'em!