Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well it's the day after Thanksgiving, and 3 more wonderful days of not going to work!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and it was very small and simple. My sis came over with me and Mr. M and we cooked the Thanksgiving meal and ate and visited. Then we all laid down for the must have nap, it was great! I woke up thinking that maybe sis was up and possibly bored and she was still asleep. I went and turned on the news where they were saying we were getting a bit of bad weather, but luckily it wasn't under freezing so nothing will stick. I never saw anything bad.

I went and woke up sis and we made another plate of food. Mr. M finally got up and just went fot the dessert. Then we sat down and played Mexican Train dominoes. I really like that game, I learned it from Mr. M's mom, so when she passed I had to have her game set. We played for several hours until it was finally getting a little late. So sis grabbed a few leftovers and went home.

Mom decided not to come because her medicine is still making her sick and she never knows when she might have a bad moment and she said she would just feel more comfortable at home. I really do miss my brother though. I was really hoping to go home and see him and my nieces. I was just thinking to myself that it's been a few years since I've seen them. I had a hotel booked and everything but money just isn't good right now so that idea was cancelled. I doubt I'll be able to see them for Christmas either. Maybe sometime in the summer might work...

I hope that everyone had a great and safe Thanksgiving, where ever you are.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your post on Eighty's blog. Glad to see so many texas mamas! My son is a wolf NUT. He's loved since he could say the word. I'll have to show him the picture on your blog.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Thanks! I try to change them often...

~ Wolf Lover Girl