Monday, November 26, 2007

My Prediction - Update!

So it's back to work after a nice long Holiday! And there is one person in my department who is just.... what's the word I'm looking for?... well they're kind of useless. We call them the Roach and it really has a couple of reasons. They like to mooch food off everyone but never offer to buy and replace it and they mooch off your time.

So here is where my prediction comes in. The Roach will come into my office and start spilling about some drama that undoubtedly occured over the Holiday. Their phone will ring and they'll run out to catch it (because they don't want to rely on their voicemail? Maybe they don't know how to use their voicemail? Or maybe it's because it's one of their friends that they'd like to retell their drama Holiday story to) OH! And never once will they ask how my Holiday was.

I'll keep you informed.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Update November 27, 2007 - 8am

Ah! I'm so good. Well the Roach didn't come in yesterday because they had jury duty. So first thing this morning came to tell me about that. Then right into thier Turkey day with the family which surprisingly wasn't bad. And then a "well I guess I best get to work and check my email."
As soon as they left they went to someone else "HEY! So how was your Thanksgiving?" That was the Roach asking the other person. I just had to laugh because not once did this person ask how mine went.

This person irritates me so much sometimes that 2 days last week before the Holiday I was keeping up with how much time they were on the phone with friends and family or chatting with someone about non work related topics. I just don't understand how this person gets away with it. One of these days an anonymous message will appear on the bosses desk.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh goodness. I'd venture that there are really two useless people in your department (think Beppo) :) But I'd venture that you're also 100% correct about The Roach! Let us know!

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Well Beppo is useless. And actually Beppo doesn't go around to tell their business to everyone, that I know of. But I do know that they sit at their desk and play in their Hotmail account and surfs alot. At least have a few work items up on your desktop to make it "look" like you're working. Sheesh!

~ Wolf Lover Girl