Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ding, Ding... Round 4

About 4 years ago we lost Mr. M's mom... two weeks after she passed we lost Mr. M's step-dad... in June I lost my mom.... now Mr. M's dad has found out he has cancer.

About a month or two ago his dad discovered a huge "ball" protruding out of his neck. Supposedly there was no sign of this "ball" it just appeared. His brother took dad to the Dr. to get it checked out. They didn't really say cancer but they wanted to schedule an operation to get rid of it.

About a week or two later something was wrong with his knee and he was in so much pain that he needed major medication to make it go away. I forget what they said they thought that was, but they had to reschedule the operation for the neck.

Well today was the operation. They are saying for sure it is cancer. I'm unsure what all the details are so not sure if they got it all - I would hope so. But I do know they took half of his vocal chords which means he won't be able to speak more than a whisper.

As I said I'm unsure of any other details. But it really sucks to think that I was just starting to go through all of this with my mom this time last year (I remember cause I threw a fit that I missed Halloween). And of course the first part of this year was the stress of it all. Just as I figured the rest of our year could get back to half way normal (minus the holidays coming up) we now have to deal with it again.

Mr. M told me the other day that if he could have one wish at all - he would wish that everyone who had cancer would be cured and there was no more cancer.

I second that wish!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

5 comments:

"Z" said...

I'll third that wish. Sorry to hear about this news. He told me of the growth and that he was scheduled for surgery to remove it but that's all I knew. Hope everything works out for the best. I'll also have to call my dad today and see hows he's doing. It's been a little while since the last time I've talked to him.

Jess said...

Fourth.

Let us know if there's any way we can help.

Knatolee said...

Fifth.

This totally, totally sucks. I'm so sorry! I hope for the best for your FIL. :(

Natalie

Art Performance Picks said...

Six.

You are both very strong and good people and God will see you through this...

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Thanks guys!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl