Thursday, October 9, 2008

Differences and a Funny

First - Differences

I think it's interesting in the differences in how companies show "how much they appreciate their employees". For example:

My company encourages us to wear a silly hat one day and then our favorite sports team shirt on another. They came around and gave us kid size candy bars (not the full size) and a piece of gum.

Mr. M's company is taking him out to play Paint Ball!!!

Granted I know the economy is bad and we've had to let a few people go a few weeks ago... but this is what my company has done the past several years... this isn't the first year. Le sigh.

Second - a funny

So my company has a little way for those employees who are in need of money they can get some assistance. And we're offering a silent auction to help raise some of this money. This is all good.

The funny? I noticed they had a used treadmill next to the elevator with a sign announcing it was up for bid.... Let's think about it. If the person is taking the elevator instead of the stairs which is not even 5 feet from it then I highly doubt they are motivated to bid on a treadmill!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: