Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where Are They?

I was watching one of our local news broadcasts last night (don't remember who) and they have a section where they go over questions/comments from the viewers. One person had one that I thought worthy of blogging about.

With all the flooding we're having right now - where are all the celebrities? Where is their telethon asking for mass donations to help these people? Where is Kayne West yelling that it was the Government that took out the levees?

And you know I agree!!! Where are they? I guess we don't care as much for these people as we do for those in New Orleans and surrounding areas? Granted I feel bad for them too - I was unable to really eat those first few days because I kept thinking about all those stranded people without any food.

Speaking of food - most of the people suffering in the floods right now are farmers! Hello! This is our food we're talking about!! I was watching a news report where one farmer was talking about how very much he's in the hole. They tell their buyers in advance how much they will provide and work out a $ number. Now that he has no supply to give he now owes the buyer this $ amount. Just sad.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: