Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An update

Well since this post mom seemed a tad bit better. Although its still rather hard to understand her when she "talks" as its mostly mumbling. Every now and then she might say a word that is a little legible.

I did go see her yesterday after work and read a couple of letters to her from her best friend from back home. She seemed to kind of understand it. One of the nurses came by to check on her and she told them to go away so I could finish the letter. She then asked me to write a letter back to her bf. It was very short and I kind of didn't understand some of it.

It's interesting what she does remember and what she doesn't. Every time she mentioned my name when I was writing a letter she would spell it as if I didn't know how to spell it. She did ask me who I was so I guess she still doesn't really remember who I am.

Well I got a call from her hospice nurse today. She told me that her blood pressure and heart rate is not where its supposed to be. And basically she thinks she has about 5 days or so left. Of course this can all be a guestimation...

So anywho I was unable to concentrate on work so I decided to leave. I came home and ate a little lunch and now I'm gonna go take a nap.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Roz (Rozzana) said...

You're all in our prayers and thoughts.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Jess said...

Seconded.

Knatolee said...

Such a difficult time... I'm sending good thoughts your way.