Monday, June 16, 2008

Thank you!

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have responded to my most recent post about my mom.And although it was a rough few months I did enjoy the few bits of quality time I got to spend with mom. In the beginning when she was living in a nursing home close to me we had Thursday night get togethers. Mr. M and I would cook her a nice meal and we watched Survivor and Lost.


We had a small memorial back where I grew up. We drove up on Tuesday and the memorial was on Wednesday at the church I went to. My mom only had one wish if we had a memorial for her and that was for a certain lady to play the piano for the songs. Luckily she was still at this church. I did good up until the music.

I did spend a few extra days at "home" with my brother and his family. Under the circumstances that was a good time. Mr. M and I stayed at a local hotel and so my brother and his kids came over one afternoon and we played in the pool. It was a little chilly but a constant play of Marco Polo helped warm us up! :-)
When we got home I had a notice on the door that flowers had been sent and were left at my neighbors. Surprisingly they still looked very good (above). They were sent from my job - nice bouquet huh?
Today was my first day back to work. A bit awkward. Friends want to say sorry but don't know what else to say... Got a nice card from my department (among others of course) and found out they had taken up a collection of money and asked where I would like it donated. As we had indicated in her obituary we've asked for all donations to be made to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. They said they collected almost $150!!! That's incredible!
Anyway, thanks to everyone for their prayers and support over the last few months and especially this past week. I know she's in a good place and no longer hurts.

Love ya guys!
~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Lara said...

i'm glad you're staying positive in the face of trials. love you!

Art Performance Picks said...

Be strong girl...we are here for ya.