Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What a Rough Afternoon

Hey guys! I know it's been a while since I've signed in. Mom was staying with us for about a week so I was with her most of the time. She's doing good and is back at her place. Staples have been taken out and she's eating and walking around slowly. :-)

So yesterday was a rather rough afternoon. I think Mr. M and I kind of jinxed ourselves. As we were going to work yesterday morning we were talking about how good M&M has been lately. So when Mr. M walked in the door of the house yesterday afternoon he knew immediately something was bad.

Evidently M&M had a bit of an upset tummy and left us a few "presents" in the hall and study. So as he was cleaning it up he stuck M&M outside, where she continued to relief herself (poor girl).

Well here in the DFW area it was VERY WINDY!!!! And well Mr. M didn't notice when he first let M&M out that the fence was split and leaning in the back corner. M&M didn't notice for awhile either as she was a little busy. Well Mr. M finally realized that she decided to take off.... again. (BTW she bolted out the front door about a week ago when some guy distracted us asking for directions just as we got home).

So Mr. M calls me and tells me she's gone and get home as quickly as possible. When I get closer to home I'm coming over the hill and notice this figure running and I know immediatly it's Mr. M. I look a little further a head of him and see M&M. It was on a rather busy street and she was heading back to our neighborhood so I drove on by and tried to head her off.

Long story short (okay maybe a little too late for that) she kept on going down a street and out into a field. When she comes out of the field and runs by me up towards our swimming pool area. There were two people who had just pulled up and were talking to one another and I yell out, "Can you please grab that dog? Please, please, please!?!?" So the guy kind of bends down to say "hi" and M&M jogs right up to him. So he grabs her collar and holds her till I can get there.

So the rest of the evening was spent trying to rig the fence so it will stand on its own. Running out to buy cleaning supplies and smell good stuff. Come home and clean.

She seems a bit better today so hopefully no more drama!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't dogs wonderful! We have had some wild stories with our new little beast too.

Hope everything gets better, hang in there!