Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Released!

Well mom was released from the hospital on Tuesday. She seemed more aware of what was going on and everything so that was good. Sis and I went together to pick her up and brought her back to sis's place. I stayed until about 10pm to help get her all settled and let sis grab something to eat.

I had already requested Wednesday (today) off before we even realized she was coming home just so I could catch up on some rest. I could have slept more, but I can't complain I got more than I've had in awhile. Then I did the fun task of bills - yeah! And then went over to sis's place to spend time with them.

Sis is working from home the next few days to help watch over mom. Mom was very responsive today. Talking clearer and ate a little. She even got up and walked the apartment a little like she's supposed to. So hopefully she's on a great road to recovery.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your Mom is getting along well after her surgery. I have also gone through this recently on a out patient basis. It was a long day waiting on everything to transpire. I am glad I wasn't the one having the surgery! The waiting for news is a trying process.

Jess said...

So glad to hear your Mom is doing better! Here's to a speedy recovery!

As always...let us know if you need anything.

Knatolee said...

I am way behind on my blog reading!!(Dial-up is driving me nuts again.) I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's illness, but it's great that her surgery went well and they have sprung her from hospital. My Mum had lung cancer (and unfortunately eventually succumbed to it) and I know how hard it is to see your mother sick like that. But there are beautiful moments too, so keep our eyes open for them.

Hang in there, and I am sending lots of good thoughts for your Mom, you and your family.