Sunday, January 13, 2008

I Found the Article...

I kept looking and finally I found it. Below is the article (link provided) to the police chase I was mentioning in the previous post. (funny "Z" that you were at the end of it and I evidently was at the beginning of it)

Article from "Star Community Newspapers"

Carrollton police arrested four men after a nearly 30-minute car chase took them from the scene of the crime — a Carrollton home — to U.S. Highway 380 in Denton.

The suspects have been arrested on suspicion of burglary of a home and evading arrest. The men are being detained in the Carrollton jail and will be transferred to a county jail by Friday, said Sgt. John Singleton, spokesperson for the Carrollton Police Department.

Police were alerted to the crime scene Thursday morning when a resident at the 1800 block of Green Ridge Court in Carrollton called 911, saying that three men had entered the home.

The homeowner was hiding when the call was made, but the burglars found him shortly after they entered the home and fled, Singleton said.

The suspects drove away in a silver Lincoln Navigator and were chased by police. The pursuit raced from Carrollton, east on the George Bush Turnpike, north on the Dallas North Tollway through Plano and Frisco and west on U.S. Highway 380 into Denton.

Officers from the Denton County Sheriff’s Office placed a tire deflating device on U.S. 380 and the Lincoln Navigator’s tires went flat near the intersection of U.S. 380 and North Loop 288 in Denton, Singleton said. The suspects were then arrested. Though the homeowner told police that three men had broken into the home, there were four men found in the Lincoln Navigator after the chase. All four were taken into custody.

All items stolen from the home at the 1800 block of Green Ridge Court have been recovered, Singleton said. One of the stolen items was a TV, he said.

Police are unsure if this crime is related to other recent crimes in the Dallas area. The names of the four suspects were not released Thursday.

Contact Community Editor Sarah Blaskovich at 972-628-4074 or SBlaskovich@acnpapers.com.


Very interesting!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

"Z" said...

Yep, I'm a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. At the time the chase was passing my house, I was outside trying to start my truck. It refused to start. Finally, I called my boss and said I was going to be a little late because I need to jump my truck. At the same time I was talking to my boss, I got back in the truck and tried to start it again and it started with no problems. Told my boss I was on my way and left. I saw the end of the chase at 288 and figured that was the reason why my truck didn't start. Yep, that's it.