Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two Facts

Fact 1: Just because I'm drinking a Sprite at the bar doesn't mean I need to "tell you something"
Fact 2: "Skinny" people gain weight too!

Okay, we'll start with the first one. I'm not much of a drinker, never have been and probably never will. I usually have 1 day a year where I just get really toasted and that's it. I enjoy a good margarita every now and then though but I don't always have to have something to drink. Well Friday a few of us got together to celebrate Mr. M's birthday. When I got there I ordered a margarita. After I was done with it I didn't want anymore and started drinking Sprite. Two reasons: It didn't seem that strong so why waste my money on a watered down margarita and two I just didn't want to drink anymore. And of course it was Mr. M's birthday so that makes me automatic designated driver (as if this is really any different than any other time we go to the bar..)

So a bit into the evening I get another Sprite and one of the ladies who was with us leaned over and asked those famous words... "Sprite? Is there something you need to tell us?" with a big ole smile on her face. Yep, I don't feel like drinking so I ordered a Sprite, thank you. Doesn't help we were in the middle of baby talk with another lady there who's child is about 5 or so. Sigh.

Fact 2: I've never, ever said I was fat! Granted I know a few years ago (before I met Mr. M) that I was probably a bit too skinny. I look at pictures of back then and am a bit amazed. Not that I did anything. My best friends mom was always trying to get me to eat more to put some weight on me. So yes, I needed some weight.

Okay, now that I've been with Mr. M (since '99) I've put on over 25 pounds. Okay... so I do gain weight. I get so tired of people at work making comments like "go ahead and try that cupcake and tell me what it taste like, you don't have to worry about it..." Really? Again, I'm not saying I'm fat; however I would like to loose a few of the extra pounds I've put on. I don't need to loose all 25 that I've gained because I don't need to go back to what I looked like... but a few would be nice.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Jess said...

I HATE the baby talk. "So, when are you going to have kids?" Um. When we feel like it, and rest assured, Nosy Person...in my list of "People to Tell," you're just not up there. Do they just not understand how rude that is?

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I know right? And there is this one shirt that I wear that's kind of loose and someone stopped me in the hall at work and asked if I was pregnant. I quickly replied, "yes, with triplets - one of each gender"...

~ Wolf Lover Girl