Sunday, December 3, 2006

My First Post!

Okay so a few of my friends have a blog and they say they love it. I'm at home and got tired of watching tv and taking naps so I thought I'd try this out as well.

So a little about me. First, I work at a call center in the Training Department mostly writing materials for New Hires and procedural information for existing phone agents. With that being said I'm not gonna be a perfect writer here. There might be a few type-o's and incorrect grammar use. I don't care, as I've read in so many other blogs "It's my blog and I can do whatever I want!". :-) {Isn't there a way to add a smiley face? I guess that's one of those things I'll have to learn.}

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Born and bred Texan and proud of it!!! I've lived in the DFW area over 13 years. Grew up in the panhandle where yes Texas does get real snow.
I'm married to the most wonderful guy! I'm sure I'll add a separate blog on this as it just happened this year. But the short of it: We've been together for 7 years and got married in April, 2006. We both work at the same place. Yep, one of those office romances. ;-)
We have two cats, a dog and a fish! No kids!

As you can tell I'm leaving out names. I haven't decided if I'm going to include them in my blog. With safety being such a big concern these days I don't know if I want to do this. I was listening to the radio one day and one of the DJ's made real sense when they said that it's easy for a child molester to find your child by the things you display on your car. Example, your child plays football so you have a little decal with a football. And of course you're proud of your child so you include their name and jersey number. And undoubtedly you have the school name listed as well. So all this bad person has to do is go to the school listed on your car, figure out when football practice is, find the jersey number you also have listed and then yell out your kids name like they've always known them. And wa-lah they can easily take your kid.

What does this have to do with me since I have no kids? Well what if I do have kids? Do I want to post their names here later on? And until such time that I might have kids, what if I post that I'm on vacation. Hello. Just leading the burglar to do a bit more research to find my house, I mean I'm leaving it wide open right? {Just a note... I do have a house alarm!!} So with that being said I might use fake names, I'll let my husband determine his alias. I still have to figure out mine. I'll keep you updated. :-) {man I have to figure out this smiley face thing}.
Okay that's probably enough ranting for my first post. Let me get this thing out there and figure out what else I can do. Later! ~ Alias name undetermined.

No comments: