Friday, December 15, 2006

Escaped Again!

Yep, you heard me right... M&M escaped again. Sigh!

I'm already a little frustrated because Mr. M is stranded in an airport in Philly... no reason why that we can tell. The weather isn't bad here or there. As I type this the flight is already 4 hours late, he and his co-workers are standing at the gate that they are supposedly supposed to board the plane from and there is no plane.

So back to M&M. I get in the door of the house and she usually knows when we're home so she's usually jumping up on the back door saying "let me in!". Well there was no jumping... I knew then she was gone. But I went ahead and opened the door and called her name - nothing. I could hear dog tags so I thought she might have just gotten out and was just on the other side of the fence running back and forth or something. I kind of walked the fence to see where she made her escape and it was actually in one of the previous corners from an earlier route. She had actually bent back some of the wire and squeezed through. I grabbed something that I could stand up on to peer over the fence and it was her tags I could hear as she was in the other dog pen playing with the other dog. She didn't even hear me call her name.

I guess my neighbors figured I would figure it out on my own, they didn't even leave a note or anything this time. So I drove over there and knocked on their door. And that darn M&M, when he opened the gate I didn't grab her quick enough and she took off. Running around in the field (I know you can't see me but I'm shaking my head and rolling my eyes). The only way I was able to grab her was when she got nosy and went into some open doorway of their's which ended up being the garage.

I told Mr. M that his dog had escaped again. He said that we're not leaving her outside anymore... yeah that's just great.

Well off to clean up the mess from the other day (I know, gross but I just couldn't get to it yesterday). Hopefully Mr. M will not be delayed any further. As it is now he won't be getting home until about Midnight. Maybe I can squeeze in a nap or something. :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: