Thursday, August 16, 2007

Why give them the pleasure?

So our company is over budget. Again. What does this mean to me?

Well back in April they made all of us in Admin go out and help stuff envelopes a set amount of days a week. We don't have to do it this go round. Yet. However we do have to go out at a moments notice if there is an influx in mail coming in.

Monday is usually the busiest day so I took this past Monday off. Granted I had something that needed to be taken care of. I could have done it on a Friday and had a 3 day weekend that way but I figured I would choose Monday. I chose correctly as there was an influx in mail.

So I got to thinking, I really have a lot of vacation time so I decided to take the next two Mondays off. I figure if I can't get any of my real work done then I'm not going to be there to help you stuff envelopes.

Hire decent people then you wouldn't need us. Plus if you're so d*mn busy and need help then you need to get everyone out there helping. I have two people in my dept alone who are ALWAYS excluded from assisting. Why? That's a great question. We don't know! Plus there are a few Supervisors that are excluded. Why? Evidently because they have a few work at home agents on their team. What does that mean? Who the hell knows. I guess if the agent has an issue and calls their Supervisor they're there to help. Well that's a load of crap because they're always out and about chatting with each other.

Anywho. So this Monday I have no real plans. Although my mom is not working on Monday so I might see if she wants to get together. Or I could just sleep all day! :-)

Side Note: That lovely tropical storm, or whatever it is, that was to hit the Southern part of Texas has moved it's way into the DFW metroplex and we're getting some rain. Nice!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

Jess said...

Taking the next couple of Mondays off is a most excellent idea! The whole system of deciding "who's exempt" is ridiculous anyway...better to just avoid the whole thing.

And the rain took me by surprise last night. I went and turned on the sprinklers when I got home and it was completely unnecessary. Looks like we'll get more of it today.