Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fried Potatoes and Onions

When I was growing up our family always made fried potatoes and onions. This might be a Southern thing only, I'm not sure.

But for those of you who don't know what this is: basically you take a potatoe and cut it into slices. You also take an onion, remove the outer skin of course, and then cut it into quarters. Heat up some oil, fry the potatoes (I like them crispy, you do them how you want) and then add the onions for a bit.

I haven't had any in soooo long because Mr. M "doesn't like them". So I'm reading the Little House on the Prarie series of books and they mentioned fried potatoes and onions and I've had a craving since then.

So we went to the grocery store today and determined we were grilling steaks tonight so I decided I was making myself some! It was heavenly! And all of them for myself!!! Although I didn't get the potatoes as crispy as I really wanted them. Oh well I guess I'll have to try it again later (still have one potatoe and onion left to use) :-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

1 comment:

Art Performance Picks said...

Wow...I cooked the same thing the other day with some smothered cube steak. But I added green and red bellpeppers...it was wonderful!!!