Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Stupidest Moment

Hey guys! Long time no post! :-)

I don't know why I thought of this... but I was thinking of this on my drive in to work this morning.

Many years ago when I had a roommate she had met a guy. Not sure where just know she met him. She evidently didn't like him anymore and instead of telling him she just called the phone company and had them block his phone number so he couldn't call our apartment anymore.

One afternoon I was at home (I had weekdays off) and she was at work. The phone rang and I got it. It was him! I had never met him but I knew she blocked his number so I was a little surprised that he was on the phone.

He asked if we were having phone problems and I said no. I don't remember how it happened but it was finally determined that he had called the phone operator and asked to be put through to our number so I told him what my roommate had done. I didn't know why she did it nor why she didn't just tell him.

Here's my stupid moment... So then he asks me if I wanted to go out for lunch. I said yes. Okay... my roommate no longer wants to talk to you. I've never met you before. This is the first time I've ever even talked to you. And I said yes?

Nothing happened. He picked me up and we went to eat. He was a tad bit older than I and noone knew that I was going out with him for lunch... how stupid was I? Seriously I think to myself about how badly that could have turned out.

So for that, I label this under the "Idiots" section... see we're all an idiot one time or another.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Lara said...

yep, i have those kinds of moments in my past too. the "wow, that could have turned out REALLY badly" moments. so stupid i was.

at least we're here now. :-P

Wolf Lover Girl said...

yep, who knows what we were thinking... oh that's right, we weren't! ;-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl

Knatolee said...

Hey, I had a similar idiot moment when I was young and foolish. :)

(Now I'm just middle-aged and foolish!)

Glad we all survived.