Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To the Dog Park

It has been a rather long time since we've taken M&M to the dog park. So I took her on Sunday morning while it was still nice and cool outside.

I don't think she's ever enjoyed it as much as she did that day. At first she was in her own little world as she normally is. Roaming around on her own, minding her own business.

I was standing in the shade of a big tree and a few other people started to congregate there as well. One lady asked me if that was my husky and I said yes. I had noticed her come in with a few dogs and one was a white dog that looked like a husky as well so I asked her. It was!! I've never seen a full white husky before. She was very pretty.

There was another dog there that really wanted to play with someone. Played a little with the white husky and kept trying to get M&M to play. So M&M kept barking at her in a friendly but kind of get back type of way and the other dog barked back. So they kept doing this to each other as M&M stayed right around my legs. The white husky's mom was laughing about how M&M wouldn't go far from her mom. I told them no because she's a big ole scardy cat.

So M&M opened up a little and ran around with a few of them. We stayed out there for about an hour. More and more dogs kept coming. Our little crowd under the tree kept growing with people and dogs. Finally M&M just kept laying on the ground to rest so I decided to take her home. She slept so good that afternoon! :-)

Oh and yesterday Mr. M and I went to check out this place that we're going to board M&M for the weekend. There was this dog in this play area that I was watching and I pointed it out to Mr. M and said "it looks like a coyote". The lady who works there said that was her dog and that it was half coyote. She didn't know that when she first got her. She's getting used to other dogs. She's very pretty.

Oh and I just had to post some recent pics of my babies throughout the post... enjoy!


~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: