Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Update

Okay, since my first post in many moons is a Debbie Downer how about another one to make up for it? :-)

Reason for my absence? 2 reasons - after working on a computer all day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is get on a computer! :-) 2. Usually I post during my lunch break at work. Most of this time lately has been spent working on baby stuff. You know, registering for all things related to baby. Looking for baby furniture. All that good stuff.

I'm trying to not be one of those people who is constantly "baby this, baby that". I know that truthfully people don't care (especially if they have no children etc). Now if someone asks me - I'll definitely let them know.

Now the one question that I'm for sure really tired of? "Are you having morning sickness?" Okay, I'm officially in my third trimester (eek, time has flown!) Morning sickness, if you have it, is usually in the first trimester. So no, I'm not - and truthfully I didn't. I got lucky. I did get sick a few times in the evenings, but nothing like I know others went through.

Again I know that some really don't care for all the details so here's a few tidbits that I'll share...
  • We're having a girl! Yes, the name has been chosen, actually we kind of knew we were having a girl before we were told so we only had one name picked out.
  • She's an active little girl. Kicking, rolling around, dancing... I don't know. What a very cool feeling.
  • We've started baby classes - makes me second guess this whole baby thing. At least this whole birthing part of it. ;-)
  • Haven't gotten one thing ready yet. Yep, this is freaking me out! Need to change the guest room (which is currently being utilized) into a baby room. Although the theme and furniture has been picked out, just need to purchase and throw it all together.
  • Baby shower is next Friday so will hopefully help out with the last concern.

So there you go, a quick run down of the baby thing.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: