Thursday, January 22, 2009

What if?

I was reading this article I found on CNN about how the wife made her husband get a job delivering pizza just to support the family. It did make me reflect a little on how the admin employees in my company are still waiting to hear what the final verdict is on who has a job and who might not. Admin includes me.

We've already received a wage freeze (although the agents who actually stuff the envelopes did not) and of course insurance went up this year!

So what happens if I loose my job? My hubby will not have to tell me to get another job. I'll do it on my own cause I know that we'll need to continue our income to survive. I won't be too proud. As a matter of fact there is a new Kroger grocery store opening around the corner from the house. I'll apply there. Plus its closer.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

3 comments:

Roz (Rozzana) said...

If I get the boot, I'm taking a week or two to drink heavily and be depressed. Then I'll pick myself up and start the job hunt. The thought of staying home with nothing but house work to do really doesn't appeal to me. I wouldn't mind working somewhere for a little while where I don't have to do much thinking.

Jess said...

Second the "job without too much thinking" sentiment.

I'm thinking about you guys, and I hope you get good news.

Knatolee said...

Fingers crossed that your job is secure. I hope these tough times are over quickly!