Sunday, April 13, 2008

Last Day!

Friday was the last day for Mr. M at his "old job". Of course there wasn't much for him to do. I was trying to get some work done and he kept calling me to walk around and such. I am gonna miss that.

Most of his department and one of the Executives took him to lunch (which btw I was not invited to go to - hello, I'm his wife and we do happen to work at the same place - but anywho). They presented him with a small token of "appreciation". Kind of hard to explain but it has a small little plaque (sp?) on front that says "from your friends at old job" or something similar. Then there is a little globe thing at the top that if you turn it one way is a clock and then if you turn it the other way the entered the old job's logo (we can remove this later if we want). Mr. M showed it to me when he got back from lunch and told me he was fighting back the tears. He then asked if he was doing the right thing and he felt bad for leaving. I told him that it was too little too late. They should learn to show how much they appreciate someone while they still work there - not after they've put in their notice and have their foot out the door.

Of course that evening was a time for celebration. Small group of us met at a local restaraunt for a bit to eat and a bit to drink. Most called it kind of an early night (well if you count 4 hours of celebration an early night) and started on their way home. Mr. M and I went to the house of one of the ladies who works with us and basically sat in her jacuzzi all night (another 3-4 hours). It was really nice and we had a good time.

We both have Monday off to do some shopping for new clothes to wear at the new job. Mr. M did a bit of re-cooping yesterday. :-) And is fighting allergies/cold - poor guy. I just hope that it clears up before Tuesday on his first day at the job.

OH! And he got a call from new boss to talk about day 1. He and his team will be meating at the local IHOP in the morning for breakfast and get to meet everyone. That evening they are going somewhere for a little team building to play some pool and have a few beers. I told Mr. M that he is definitely in a different company. I hope they keep that up - I bet it makes their employees happy!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

No comments: