Monday, December 22, 2008

Paranoid Patty

Everyone knows one. And I'm sure everyone has one in their office somewhere. Mine just happens to be in the same department as me.

As our company was unexpectedly bought out about a year ago there has been the common theme from some "what's going to happen to us?". A few months ago our office did in fact let a few people go. Last Friday we had several big wigs here to discuss the future and any other potential lay offs. In the beginning we heard we would find out before the Holidays (Merry Christmas, by the way you're fired) but now we've been told we won't hear anything until after the New Year.

So my little Paranoid Patty has just been a nervous wreck for months. "What are they going to do?" "What if they lay me off?" "I can't take this...". And as I've told this person MANY times over.... there is nothing you can do. Although maybe what you can do is actually work and show that you are needed. Maybe less time on the phone calling your mom and every friend in the book to tell them how your most recent Doctor appointment went or what the results were. Seriously those can be left to be done when you get home.

Well Paranoid Patty was not here last week when the big wigs were in town. Of course this morning they asked me if I was. Yep. Did you see them? Yep. Anything happen? Well actually yes, they decided to go through everyones office of everyone who wasn't here that day. Looking in your drawers and everything. No they didn't. Okay, no they didn't. {but it was funny watching the look on thier face when I said it - I know evil}.

So about an hour later you can hear an office being cleaned out. This was an old office of one of the people let go a few months ago. It kind of turned into a storage room. What does Paranoid Patty say, "turning it into a counseling room?" AH sheesh! Seriously get over it already.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

2 comments:

Roz (Rozzana) said...

Okay, here is something I heard the other day...
"Company Direct" employees (sales group) will be moving into our building shortly, and no one but directors on up will have actual offices. Cubes for mgrs on down - incl current admin. That sounds a little ridiculous to me, that's why I don't really believe it.

Anonymous said...

I've heard they are moving in too, but not the part about Managers being moved into cubes.

~ Wolf Lover Girl